Monday, July 8, 2013

"How is wedding planning going?"

It's happening.  We're having a wedding.

The entire time D and I have been engaged and people have asked us how wedding planning is going, we always reply with, "We're ready to be married, but we're not ready to have a wedding".  It's been a long and time consuming process planning our own wedding, and it's never really felt real.  Even when we booked our venue and had a date, it was so far in the future that it seemed almost surreal.  We booked our caterer, photographer, band, flowers, clothing... all of these things and it still didn't feel real.  Even as we handed over several dozen wedding invitations to the post office it still didn't feel like it was actually happening.

The first RSVP we got in the mail from someone who hadn't already verbally committed to going was when it felt real.  There are people are coming to this event we've organized.  And they're excited about it.  And it better be good. 

At this point, we're kind of at a loss of what to do.  All the big things are done, we're just kind of waiting.  And waiting is hard for me. 

I don't even know what to say here... usually I could go into all these details about meeting with vendors and such like I did when I started writing here over a year ago.  But that phase of wedding planning has definitely passed.  When people ask me now how wedding planning is going... instead of saying "we're ready to be married, just not ready to have a wedding," I reply with "It's good."  It really is good.  I don't really know what else to say besides that.

I have to say though, there's no way we could have done it alone.  Our families have been immensely supportive in lots of different ways to make this special day of ours happen.  I hope that in return we can offer a really lovely, relaxing, and fun day to celebrate!


So I guess we'll see where the next 61 days take us! :)

<3 STBW

No comments:

Post a Comment