I've always found it fascinating that you can go through your entire life and a day can mean nothing to you until something happens... then it's lodged in your memory forever. I've lived through 25 September 7th-s, and it never meant more to me other than the occasional first day of school. Now it is one of the most important dates in my life.
A lot of people choose their wedding day to mean something, like on their dating anniversary, or some other coincidence of dates {ex: Douglas' friend wanted September 14 because it was 6 months after pi day, 3 months before her birthday, and 3 months after her fiance's birthday. Kind of cool!} After telling some people our wedding date, a few have asked us why we chose September 7th. To be honest? Douglas and I chose this date for no reason other than it was the first Saturday in September, and our venue had it open. September in an of itself has no particular meaning for us, other than it is a month with nice weather and it's before school starts up again. But that doesn't take away the importance of the date to us. It wasn't chosen for a significant reason, but it's significant now. :)
So here we are, our -1 year wedding anniversary! I can't believe how quickly time has flown by and that we're finally a year out. Yesterday we went to Silvan Ridge for an evening with the winemaker, where the winemaker took us out into the vineyard and taught us about how they grow and maintain the grapes, and about the wine making process. It was great to get to see our venue at the exact time of year that our wedding will be!
| Table centerpieces. I want sunflowers, too! |
| Pinot gris grapes, Pinot gris wine |
| In the vineyard |
I can't wait for all the fun things to come in the upcoming year, and mostly for a year from now when I'll be an old married woman. ;)
<3 J
P.S. This is how we will be celebrating our -1 year anniversary tonight!
| Oh yum. |
No comments:
Post a Comment