Monday, May 7, 2012

6 months!

This past weekend Douglas and I celebrated our 6 month engagement-versary.  I know, I know... it seems rather "high school" to celebrate all the silly kinds of anniversaries, but it's a great excuse for a date night. :)

The past few months have flown by so quickly, I don't even know where they went.  But now that the weather is changing and spring quarter is coming to a close, I can feel things calming down a bit.  Douglas and I decided to visit Silvan Ridge {where we're getting married!} this weekend to enjoy the great weather and daydream wedding plans.

Enjoying the sun and a little Pinot Noir!



Douglas with the Silvan Ridge mascot, Muscat!

Yay!  6 months! <3
Each and every time we go up to Silvan Ridge {and we go there more often than I'd like to admit!} we get a little more excited about getting married up there.  Especially now that the weather is changing, the grapes are pushing, and everything is getting more green.  It's getting easier to imagine what it's going to look like. 

I'll admit, though, after putting in a lot of time and effort booking our venue/date, and a photographer, I ran out of steam.  I admire people who plan weddings in a matter of a few months, because this is hard work!  I'm glad that Douglas and I are both in agreement that a long engagement best suits us and our needs.  I've heard from a lot of people that you shouldn't "drag on" an engagement longer than a year, but honestly it doesn't feel like we're dragging it out at all.  I couldn't imagine having a wedding 6 months from now, no way!  I enjoy the fun of being engaged and getting to do all the fun things without all the stress.  I like to tell people that I'm ready to be married, but I'm not ready to have a wedding. 

Douglas and I will be having more fun soon as we begin to search for a caterer!  We have a few top picks in the Eugene area so we get to start taste testing later this month.  Yum!  I'm pretty sure Douglas is most looking forward to that part of the wedding planning. ;)  I think my favorite part is just looking at all the cool and fun ideas and thinking about how we could incorporate them into our wedding.  I'm guilty of joining the Pinterest brigade, and I don't care... it's so much fun.  If you're at all interested in some of my inspiration boards, you can look at my boards here: { My pinterest }

Only 488 days to go!!! :)

<3 J

No comments:

Post a Comment